Location: Estonia, the parks of the Tallinn Bastion Zone
Deadline for submitting applications for participation is 22.11.2019
Organizer: Tallinn City Municipal Engineering Services Department
Aims of the idea competition
The aim of the design competition is to find the perfect lighting design solution for the parks of Tallinn’s Bastion Zone. Our goal is to create safe, pleasing, energy-efficient and innovative lighting solutions for the parks, the design of which would last for decades in our climate.
With the thematic planning, the municipality of Tallinn is looking for answers to the following questions:
- What, how, and how much should be illuminated?
- What role can lighting play in valuing parks?
- How can lighting help attract more people to the parks in the evening?
- What kind of lighting can provide a feeling of security for residents while at the same time protecting the environment and the starry sky?
- First place/winner – € 8,000 (plus € 7,000 contract for the Kanuti Garden sketch project)
- The other two participants – a prize of € 6,000 each
All amounts include VAT.