Deadline: 20.10.2017 at 15:00
Organizer: Tallinn City Municipal Engineering Services Department
Purpose of the design competition is to find the best lighting design for Tallinn’s Small Coastal Gate Bastion in celebration of Estonia’s 100th anniversary.
Competition is open for all artists, designer, architects, lighting artist and lighting designers.
Lighting installation must be:
- eye catching and attractive.
- express the history, present and future of the Estonian people.
- possess potential for media coverage.
- visually appealing during both night and day.
- interactive, using different mediums and technologies.
- must fit the surrounding areas.
- viewable in at least 180°.
Lighting installation implementation:
- project realization must be technologically possible and must suit the surroundings
- weatherproof (used luminaries must be min IP55)
- must last minimum from 10.02.2018 – 28.02.2020
- used text must be both in Estonian and in English (may include options for additional languages or and interactive way to change language)
- design must be within budget limits.
- must not require 24/7 guarding.
- no light pollution.
- must include an information plaque including information about the installation and about the 100th anniversary of Estonia.
1st place 3 000 €
2nd place 2 000 €
3rd place 1 000 €
Budget 50 000 € (inc. VAT)
End of construction 10.02.2018
For more information: