Architectural Lighting and Light Art Festival Tartu in Light | TAVA2020 announces the open call for both Estonian and International artists and designers to create city space light installations and to lead IALD architectural lighting workshops. Everyone who is fascinated by the beauty achieved by light, as well as by the practical value creation of the city space, are invited to apply. The deadline for the applications is 15.02.2020. Read more
In a year’s time, dark Tartu will become a luminous lighting centre, bringing knowledge and warmth into the heart of the city and those of the people via the light. The main events of the Tartu Architectural Lighting and Light Art Festival, or in other words just TAVA2020, will take place from 28 th to 31 st October 2020,but the week before the workshops and the later side program will create a festival lasting almost a month.
Location: Estonia, the parks of the Tallinn Bastion Zone
Deadline for submitting applications for participation is 22.11.2019
Organizer: Tallinn City Municipal Engineering Services Department
Aims of the idea competition
The aim of the design competition is to find the perfect lighting design solution for the parks of Tallinn’s Bastion Zone. Our goal is to create safe, pleasing, energy-efficient and innovative lighting solutions for the parks, the design of which would last for decades in our climate.
With the thematic planning, the municipality of Tallinn is looking for answers to the following questions:
- What, how, and how much should be illuminated?
- What role can lighting play in valuing parks?
- How can lighting help attract more people to the parks in the evening?
- What kind of lighting can provide a feeling of security for residents while at the same time protecting the environment and the starry sky?
- First place/winner – € 8,000 (plus € 7,000 contract for the Kanuti Garden sketch project)
- The other two participants – a prize of € 6,000 each
All amounts include VAT.